Look at the lighter side of financial planning with these top tax related movies from Summit Brokerage
As men and women across the United States are scrambling to get their taxes filed by April 15, you can almost hear the communal calculating, organizing and filling of papers occurring. If you have successfully finished yours before the deadline, well, congratulations! But if you are a financial planner or non-finance career taxpayer who is trying to squeak by before deadline, a little entertainment may be in order. You know, to break up the stressful endeavor that is filing your taxes. Luckily, we have created a top 7 list of the best tax related movies for the financial advisor and his or her whole family. Let’s get started:
- Happy Gilmore – Under the weight of an incredible debt of the IRS? Get in a few laughs with Happy Gilmore, whose plotline consists of a grandmother who owes a whopping $270,000. Happy has a plan that will not only help grandma pay her debts and save her house, but may also help spark a creative solution in your life.
- Gone With the Wind – Dealing with back taxes? You may not think this classic has anything to do with your current tax responsibility, but even this movie has a relatable tax plotline. While Scarlett saves the day (through marriage) by helping Tara with a tax bill, you hopefully won’t have to go through such lengths to wrap up your bill.
- Blues Brothers – This all-time favorite with Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi revolves around the brothers planning a way to raise money in order to pay owed taxes on an orphanage they grew up in. This one, however, may not want to played around the children as the “F-bombs” are abundant.
- The Shawshank Redemption – An incredible movie to watch at tax time or any other time of the year, Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman shine. The story unfolds when Andy’s extensive tax skills prove useful while he is in prison. So, once you have filed and can finally begin breathing again, grab a bowl of popcorn or ice cream and treat yourself to a phenomenal movie night.
- Disney’s Robin Hood – Have your children noticed you might have been extra stressed and/or crabby these past few weeks? Robin Hood from Disney is a creative way to open a conversation up about taxes. While the “tax” paying theory in the movie is different than the way taxes are paid in the U.S., there is a “paying a tax” model you can explore further with your children.
- The Producers – Want to get in countless laughs with Gene Wilder and Dick Shawn? Check out The Producers, and watch as they head off to prison for tax fraud in this screwball, laugh out loud comedy.
- Rock of Ages – This is a fun movie with a variety of A-listers including Catherine Zeta-Jones, Paul Giamatti, Alec Baldwin, Tom Cruise and more. Get ready to be entertained as the crew realizes they owe taxes and need a fast solution to pay up. What better way to raise money than to put on a big show!
If you are a financial advisor dealing with the hustle and bustle of tax season, take a break and enjoy a few laughs with some of these hilarious tax related movies. To learn more financial planning tips and strategies for financial advisors, visit www.SummitBrokerage.com. Summit Brokerage Services has been voted the #1 boutique independent broker dealer in the country. Let us show you why! To experience the Summit difference, learn more about our network of independent financial advisors, and begin creating your financial planning documents, visit https://www.summitbrokerage.com or call us at (800) 354-5528.
To experience how Summit is working with its Advisors to grow their business, visit https://www.summitbrokerage.com/grow-your-business
About Summit Brokerage Services, Inc.
Summit Brokerage Services is part of Cetera Financial Group. Summit Brokerage provides a broad range of securities brokerage and investment services to primarily individual investors. Summit Brokerage also sells insurance products, predominantly fixed and variable annuities and life insurance through its subsidiary, SBS Insurance Agency of Florida. Summit Brokerage also provides asset management services through its investment advisor, Summit Financial Group, Inc.
About Cetera Financial Group
Cetera Financial Group® (“Cetera”) is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial planning advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Independent financial advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and financial planning and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology. For more information, visit www.ceterafinancialgroup.com.
*”Cetera Financial Group” refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists, First Allied Securities, Girard Securities, The Legend Group and Summit Brokerage Services.