Branding is about getting your prospects to see you as the only one that can provide a solution to their problem. As we all know, success can’t be obtained by being all things to all people. So first you need to define your target market. Once you have determined your niche market, then you can spend time crafting, defining, and building your brand. Do your homework to learn the needs, habits, and desires of your current and prospective customers. By knowing what your customers think, you can find a way to fulfill their needs and reinforce what you do. Your brand is your business’s most valuable asset. It’s the “gut feeling” your customers and prospects have about your business, your products, and your services. Your brand should be the sum total of all you are and all you do.
Your brand should deliver your message clearly and reinforce your credibility. It should also convey loyalty to your customers. Here are some ways to reinforce your brand:
• Integrate your brand into everything you do- the way you answer the phone, the atmosphere of your office, and the way you dress.
• Develop a great logo- put it everywhere.
• Follow through on your brand promise- be there where your clients need you most, even to answer late night phone calls or when family members pass away.
• Create a “voice” for your brand- whether it’s the casualness of Generation X or Y or more of a sophisticated appeal for higher net worth clients.
• Be consistent- send the same quality message over and over again.
A strong brand is invaluable and separates you from your competition. It reinforces the emotional connection that you want to establish with your targeted prospects. You can also link a slogan to your brand message for added appeal that will serve as a magnet to attract new customers. So as Nike says, “Just Do It”!
For more information on Summit Brokerage Services, visit www.joinsummit.com or contact us at (800) 354-5528.